Baked Chicken Meat Balls in Creamy Indian Gravy
Chicken meatballs are all here to stay and slay! In about five minutes, toss everything together, bake for 15 minutes, and they’re done. Keep in the fridge to use for salads bowls or freeze so that you can use with the gravies left in your fridge whenever you wish to. With simple everyday ingredients, that add both moisture and maximum flavor to a blank canvas of ground chicken breast, the final preparation is absolutely incredible.
Here, we have tried to make thick creamy gravy along with the balls but you can serve them straight out of the oven along with your favorite dip or with a side of your favorite grain or pasta, or within a sub and fresh veggies too. Also, we preferred to bake the balls but instead of baking, you can air-fry or roast them as per your preference.
Also read: Open Face Egg Sandwich- 10 Mins Breakfast Recipe
They’re incredibly juicy, have a perfect flavor balance, and are so addicting that once you try a single piece, you won’t be able to stop eating all of it!
This is one of the handiest recipe and for more such quick and healthy recipes click here.
- 200gm Chicken keema
- 1 cup Bread crumbs
- 1 Egg yolk
- 2 tbsp Chicken Masala/Pao Bhaji Masala
- 1 Onion
- 4 Garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup Tomato puree
- 2 tbsp Fresh cream
- Coriander leaves
- 2 Green chillies
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- ½ Cinnamon stick
- 2 Cloves
- 2-3 Peppercorns
- 1 tbsp Cumin seeds
For Meat Balls:
- Preheat the oven to 245c and place two racks in the middle. Set aside 2 baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Combine the ground chicken, bread crumbs, egg yolk, chicken curry masala, chopped coriander, and chopped green chillies in a large mixing bowl. Mix all of the ingredients together well, you can use hands to give it a good mix.
- DO NOT OVER MIX; otherwise the meatballs will get drier. Also, if you don’t have curry masala at home then you can replace it with pao bhaaji masala.
- Form the meat mixture into balls, approximately 2-3 tablespoons of meat for each ball or depending upon the meat ball size. [You may also use an ice cream scoop for evenly formed balls.]
- Place the formed meatballs on a baking sheet that has been prepped. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the meatballs are cooked through at 180c.
[PRO TIP: If you want the meat balls to be extra juicy and moist, then add extra virgin oil to the final mixture.]
- Heat ghee in pan and add cinnamon stick, cloves, peppercorns, cumin seeds, chopped onion and chopped garlic. Cook everything properly with constant stirring until it becomes translucent in appearance.
- Now, add green chillies and ginger paste to the same and give it a good mix.
- Add tomato puree and the chicken masala as mentioned above to it; cook until the gravy gets moderately thick in consistency.
- In the end, add fresh cream to it and cook on low flame for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the meat balls to the gravy and garnish it with finely chopped coriander or micro greens.
- You can eat it as it is or accompany with your favorite side.
Okay by now you must be tempted enough to rush to your kitchen and make these. This is an easy on the pocket recipe which you all should give a try. Some of my other personal favorite ways to try them out are with creamy mustard and garlic sauce, with lemon chicken and plain rice, and with soy noodles. So, if you try, let us know what extra you add in your meat balls to give them an extra edge!