Mixed Bean Burger - How to Make Healthy Burger at Home
Whenever we think about a filling snack, we certainly think about a burger! This mixed bean burger recipe is a perfect additional punch to party snacks or Sunday breakfasts without being worried about the nutritional intake balancing. It’s a mouthwatering and grill-worthy Bean and Oats Burger filled with all kinds of deliciousness one can imagine from oats, beans, and all things good. It is as healthy and yummy as you can imagine! You can accompany the patty and bun with fancy flavorings and sauces or keep it simple with the staple tomato ketchup, both ways it will be nothing but perfect!
If you are vegan, replace the usual eggs with 2-3 flax eggs to make a plant-based veggie delight burger. If you prefer gluten-free, put them on a lettuce wrap, a leafy green salad, or on your favorite gluten-free bread instead of the normal ones, and you'll be all sorted out.
So, check out this flavor packed mixed bean burger recipe to embrace your meat free brunch or snacks treat with some simple steps mentioned below and thank us later! Also Read - Baked Chicken Meat Balls in Creamy Indian Gravy
INGREDIENTS FOR PATTY:
- 1 Black beans
- 1 Chickpeas
- 1 red Bell pepper
- 1 Onion
- 1 cup coriander
- 2 Eggs/ Flax eggs
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 cup cooked Quinoa
- 1 + 1/2 cups Oats (not instant)
- 4 tbsp. Ghee/Butter
- 2 tbsp. Mustard oil
- 1 tsp. Chili powder
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- Salt as per taste
- Black pepper as per taste
- Crushed red pepper flakes as per taste
INGREDIENTS FOR COLESLAW:
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp. Honey
- ½ tsp. Ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. Salt
INGREDIENTS FOR DRESSING:
- Micro greens
PROCEDURE FOR PATTY:
- Drain and rinse the boiled beans, once done, keep them aside.
- Take a pan and properly sauté onion, and red pepper in ghee/butter with ground black pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Once the onion becomes translucent in color, add properly chopped garlic and keep cooking until everything becomes tender.
- Transfer it to a medium sized bowl along with the beans, flax seeds, oats and quinoa.
- Now, add all the spices mentioned above to the mix with the help of a large spoon so that everything is mixed properly in it.
- Mash it evenly with hands to make a thick taste for the patty or keep it as it is for an added crunch to it. This adds a more mouthful meaty texture to it.
- Take the mixture and make patties. To give the shape of a patty, squeeze it with your hands or a spoon. Also, avoid keeping it too thin. As per the above mentioned ingredients, you can approximately make 8 regular sized patties. Once done, refrigerate these freshly made patties for about 15 minutes. [Tip: You can freeze these patties for future use too. We always apply this trick as it comes handy.]
- Finally, add some mustard oil in a small pan and cook the patties for a minute or two or until it turns out golden in appearance.[You can burn the oil if you don’t like the smell. We usually shallow fry these.]
PROCEDURE FOR COLESLAW:
- In a mixing bowl, combine greek yogurt, honey, pepper, and salt until it’s smooth and creamy.
- You can use the buns of your choice, toast them properly, and add first layer of cold slaw. Then add lettuce, onion along with the patties and some micro greens if you like. You can add other sauces or veggies which you prefer too and you are all ready to relish this heavenly delight!
Also Read - Best Dinner Recipe for Winter