Oats Gur Ladoo – No Sugar Healthy Ladoo
Oats are one of the world’s healthiest grains. They are naturally gluten-free whole grains which are high in vitamins, minerals, fibre, and antioxidants. Whereas, jaggery is regarded as the finest food sweetener because of its high nutritional content, which aids in immunity, blood purification, and energy retention.
The Oats Gur Laddoo is a wholesome concoction of powdered oats, organic jaggery and crunchy nuts which is an absolute scrumptious palatable treat! You will absolutely relish the the mealy mouth feel of powdered oats, intense flavours of jaggery and nuts in these laddoos.
Also read: Espresso Bites – Quick 10 Mins Energy Bites
It is a quick easy dessert that you can prepare ahead of time and freeze for forthcoming festivities too! They are gluten-free, vegan and will hardly take around total 20 minutes to prepare and relish a dish of this delectable delicacy. The cherry on the cake is that it’s not only a perfect post meal dessert but also scores a 10/10 on the nutritional scoreboard!
So, what are you waiting for??
It’s time to try a new style of making and enjoying traditional Indian dessert.
Now, let’s learn how to make them in a step-by-step fashion:
- Oats(1 cup)
- Ghee(1 tbsp)
- Fresh rose
- Jaggery powder
- Add 3 tbsp of ghee and 1 cup oats in a saucepan and roast it on low flame, until light brown.
- Give a good mix and and let it cool down.
- Add chopped almonds, walnuts and some fresh rose petal.
- Blend into fine powdered mixture.
- Take a separate bowl and transfer the mixture to it.
- Add ghee in small quantity and along with 2 tbsp of jaggery powder and mix it to make the mixture soft and fudgy.
- Make round balls and top it with rose/elaichi powder (optional).
Shaping the laddoos while the mixture is hot is the only technique to give them a perfect round shape. Otherwise, they will tend to break down if you wait for the ingredients to cool at room temperature. Also, do not refrigerate them and try storing them in a dry airtight container for increased shelf life!