Taco – Quick and Easy Recipe Using Leftover
Tacos are absolutely everyone’s favorite and a perfect taco, in my opinion, should be: hearty (vegetables), creamy (coconut milk), juicy (shredded chicken), sour (pickled onions), and surely have a lot of fresh flavors too. This taco recipe is brimming with such elements.
You can make your own Mexican Taco using your leftover chapatis with some toppings and seasonings for a quick and nutritious meal. It’s a great snack for youngsters who don’t like to eat roti or chapati much but would like it in this sophisticated fancy style for sure. Also, you can also use freshly cooked chapati or store-bought tacos for the preparation. This is one such recipe which certainly makes me feel even more creative as it makes me do a mix n match of what’s already available in the kitchen and explore new horizons.
So, if you’re looking out for a fun way to spice up your dinner routine but with not much fuss, look no further. Try out this easy 20 minutes recipe which is perfect for your next house party, movie night or regular healthy munches throughout the day cos Tacos aren’t just for Tuesdays right??!
- Butter(2 tbsp)
- Mustard seeds(1 tbsp)
- Curry leaves (4-5)
- Chopped onion (1)
- Chopped garlic cloves (2-3)
- Green chilies (as per taste)
- Black pepper (as per taste)
- Red chili powder (as per taste)
- Salt (as per taste)
- Coconut milk (1/2 cup)
- Zucchini / shredded chicken pieces
PROCEDURE FOR TACO FILLINGS:
- Add 2 tbsp butter in a saucepan along with 1 tbsp mustard
- Add 2 tbsp butter in a saucepan along with 1 tbsp mustard seeds, and 4-5 curry leaves and heat it over a flame.
- Transfer 1 chopped onion, 2-3 cloves of chopped garlic and green chilies to it.
- Add black pepper, red chili powder and salt (as per taste).
- Now, add 1 cup of coconut milk and keep stirring until it has a thick consistency.
- After this, add finely chopped veggies/ shredded chicken and mix everything well.
TOPPINGS (as per liking):
- Pickle onion rings
- Chopped tomatoes
- Fried curry leaves
The tacos taste more delicious when they are served hot and crispy. So, try to prepare everything right before serving.
To make it more nutritional, you may add whatever vegetables you like.